There are three types of individuals that make up every company culture. In this session I break them down for you, and reveal what to watch for.
Creating company culture is one of the most critical elements that many business leaders over look. By not creating your company culture, it will grow on its own. If that happens you have no idea what type of company culture you will get. In my experience working with entrepreneurs all
Many “experts” discuss the importance of company culture, but no one shows HOW to create authentic values that lead to company values. In this video I show you the “how to” of creating authentic company values.
The dirty little secret of why your company is not growing. Your revenue can not exceed your company structure or process.
It’s never too late to create and use a budget.
Is developing our remote work staff all that it’s cracked up to be?
In this podcast, industry expert, Ann Holm discusses differences between employee development and training.
Donna Febus gives four areas where business owners should look to help increase their bottom line.
Creating a comprehensive company budget doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process.
Learn about the importance for entrepreneurs to get a handle on their finances.
You can develop grit by doing the following:
- Have a growth mindset that recognizes that you can continuously improve your attitude, skills, and knowledge. Treat setbacks as an opportunity to grow and improve.
- Know your why, which will remind you to focus your efforts on what matters most, compelling you to do the work, take risks, and push forward regardless of how hard the path becomes.
- Identify a movie character or scene that moves you to keep going and bring that extra effort.
- Listen to a song or songs that inspire you to push forward regardless of the odds or obstacles.
- Avoid negative media that can sap your energy and demotivate you.
- Think of a relative like a parent or a grandparent who embodies grit in your mind.
- Avoid the “what the hell” effect which is the feeling you get when you’ve already failed so you decide you might as well fail spectacularly. To keep the progress going, manage your slips.
Slay the Procrastination Dragon
Procrastination keeps us from tapping into our true excellence. Learn how procrastination and it’s tag team brothers Distraction and
5 Ways to Bring Your “A” Game
- The term “A game” is typically used in athletics and it means bring your best game, the right attitude, a winning, focused, positive mindset
- “A game” is now used broadly and refers to the attitude, effort, and skills required to slay the moment
- You must find ways to act even when you are not feeling confident and positive
- Your A game doesn’t come like a lightning bolt from the sky, you must learn to create your A game when you need it
Saboteurs: How You Sabotage Yourself When Trying to Sell or Run a Small Business
- Saboteur type comes from the book, Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential and How You Can Achieve Yours
- You deploy certain strategies that have been with you since you were very young, that you used to navigate your life.
- The strategies helped you meet three basic needs: independence, acceptance, and security by asserting, earning, or avoiding. They become a hindrance rather than a useful strategy as you become an adult and your life becomes complex.
Understand How Your Customer Thinks
- Knowing the varying temperaments will assist in understanding the differences between how people think. It’s easy to remember, and the tips are immediately helpful.
- All customers think differently; however, temperament is being able to take a calibrated guess on how they will feel.
5 Ways 3PL Sales Have Changed
- 5 ways 3PL (third-party logistics) sales have changed
- Suggestion on how to deal with these changes is offered.
- How do you approach sales from lead to close?
- Knowing the sales personalities of your team is invaluable.
- Communication needs to be adjusted between different personality types.
Emotional Intelligence 101
- This is an easy to understand overview of emotional intelligence
- It has broad implications for work and life
- Additional focus and examples are explained in the contest of sales
Stop Toiling in Obscurity
- Toiling in obscurity may indicate you lack leadership, influence, and you are not recognized for your contributions.
- This podcast gives easy to use tips to learn how to leverage your skills and accomplishments and become part of your industry conversation.
Leaders are like everybody else. We don’t wake up every single morning thrilled to go to work. Often, we want to call in sick and go hiking, play tennis, or play hooky with our family. But we don’t. One thing that sets leaders and up-and-coming leaders apart from most people is our ability to generate […]